Staying at home has its hardships, but it also has its positives. From being able to give more time to things that before you were simply too busy to set aside time to do. From reading, listening to podcasts and getting into a good series. Here are 8 things we are loving in lockdown.
1. One Strange Rock – Netflix Series – ‘One Strange Rock is a thrilling journey exploring the fragility and wonder of our planet, one of the most peculiar, unique places in the universe. It’s the extraordinary story of why life as we know it exists on Earth, brought into perspective by the only people to have left it behind: astronauts.’ National Geographic.
2. Countryfile – BBC 1 – With the country still in lockdown, Matt Baker is on his home patch doing all the jobs he’s not had time to do, until now. Catch up on BBC iplayer, or watch live for a cosy Sunday evening.
3. Modern Love – Amazon Prime – Dramatised stories from New York Times column ‘Modern Love’, which share individual and heartfelt stories of love.
4. Tom Misch – What Kinda Music – 2020 Album release – Some easy listening from the talented English musician and producer now available on Spotify.
5. Table Manners – Apple Podcast – Lovely light hearted listening. English singer Jesse Ware, and her Mum Lenny, interview Mel and Sue of Bakeoff fame. This episode includes lots of laughs along with ideas for recipes using up store cupboard ingredients.
6. Deliciously Ella – Apple Podcast – This episode includes useful tips to help cope with the current uncertainty, and ways in which you can switch up your perspective to feel calmer and happier.
7 . Mindsight by Daniel Siegal – ‘With warmth and humour, he (Dr Siegal) shows us how to observe the working of our minds, allowing us to understand why we think, feel, and act the way we do, and how, by following the proper steps, we can literally change the wiring and architecture of our brains.’ Available to order on Amazon.
8. The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle – The Power of Now is one of those rare books with the power to create an experience in readers, one that can radically change their lives for the better. Available to order on Amazon.
Let us know what you’ve been loving in lockdown! We love hearing and sharing your ideas.
Read our ‘4 positive stories around the world’ blog to inspire you today!